Tips To Help You Hire Ventriloquists!
Book the perfect ventriloquist for your event.
Are you looking for Ventriloquists? No two ventriloquist acts are the same. For example, you may want a ventriloquist who works corporate events such as conference dinners. That is not the ventriloquist you would hire for a child’s birthday party.
Some ventriloquists have no problem working outdoors in a fair or festival environment. Others prefer indoor venues with staging, lights and curtains.
There are hundreds of ventriloquists at various skill levels. How can you tell which is right for you?
Here are some ventriloquist booking tips to help:
1. Find a ventriloquist who specializes in the type of event you are hosting.
2. Make sure the ventriloquist fits the show you envision. Do you want to hire a ventriloquist like Jeff Dunham? Jeff keeps audiences in hysterics, but is edgier and not always clean. Do you need a squeaky clean comedy ventriloquist show? Perhaps something PG-13.
3. Find out if the ventriloquist has experience entertaining your type of audience. How often do they perform for executives of a company at corporate events? Or do they mostly work six year old birthday parties? You want to make certain they can entertain your guests.
4. Watch video of their act. Does it engage you? Does it make you laugh? Don’t just settle for the laugh tracks on the video. They can be added. Or the audience may have been laughing at how bad the ventriloquist was. If the video doesn’t make you laugh, or you have questions about it, ask to see more.
5. Get references. If you aren’t comfortable, check them! Previous clients will give you insights from the event planner’s point of view.
6. Find out what the ventriloquist needs for the show. Do they carry all props? What about sound equipment? What do you need to provide? That may add to your budget. Never hire a ventriloquist without knowing these things upfront.
7. Discuss the event. Know what time the ventriloquist will arrive to set up and sound check. Find out their policy if your event runs long and they must start late. Will they be flexible, or headed out the door for another show?
8. Ask about their cancellation policy, their postponement policy and their travel requirements if any.
9. Request a contract. Get everything in writing.
10. Understand that not all ventriloquists are the same. Each handles their business and performance in different ways. If one ventriloquist is not right for your event, that doesn’t mean you should give up. A reputable ventriloquist will tell you if they are not right for your event. They will also offer suggestions to help you hire a ventriloquist that is.
When you want to book ventriloquists
for corporate events, conventions, awards banquets,
meetings, seminars, or a college,
contact our office.
Tom is recognized as one of the top professional corporate comedy ventriloquists in the business. He works with you to create event entertainment that will generate raving reviews.
As co-founder of the International Ventriloquist Society, Tom knows most of the top ventriloquists working today. If his act is not right for your audience or event, don’t worry. Tom will connect you with a ventriloquist that will help make your event a success.
Want to hire a professional ventriloquist today? Start the conversation now. Ventriloquism is an extremely popular form of comedy entertainment. Make sure you plan early to hire a ventriloquist that will make your event memorable!